Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Votre Sante'

Scrumptious Salad

I've given up opening a cafe, so I'll share my favorite secret recipes every now and then!

Friends have encouraged me to share this recipe, as it is a simple yet unique twist on an old favorite: egg salad. This is my preferred meal whenever I've got a long day ahead, need lots of energy, but don't want to feel stuffed. It's not low in fat (I allow myself to eat fats rather than sugar) but it uses good fats and those that can be modified in various ways.

Ingredients:

2 ripe avocados
4 hard boiled eggs (option: discard 2 egg yolks to cut down on fat)
1 small red onion
2 celery sticks
2 Tablespoons Soyannaise (a Soy Mayonnaise!)
2 Cups Mixed Greens or Spinach, washed.
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional: pureed garlic, Maca powder

Preparation:

1) Chop vegetables and eggs. I prefer a bigger,chunky salad over finely chopped, but that is personal preference...chop finely if you wish to put it in a sandwich.

2) Cut and scoop out the avocados; mush it in a bowl.

3) Mix Soyannaise into avocados.

4) Add chopped veggies to above mix. Blend until it is a pale green.*

5) Add salt/pepper to taste.

6) Place bed of greens on plate, and add generous scoop of the mix.

Garnish with tomatoes or apples, or even blue corn chips. Enjoy!

*If you feel like you are falling ill, you can add to either a teaspoon of pureed garlic or Maca powder for a healthy boost that still tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment, we'll do our best to review and share it with the world!