Miranda's cover of this song - which never made it into the movie of the same name - is great, and I'm in awe of her ability to even get thru it in the face of her own struggle. Unabashedly showing her fierce desire to just BE in the world makes Miranda our Person of the Month!
17-yr-old Miranda's cancer has recurred again after recording this song "The Secret Life of Bees" but she refuses to give up & is fighting for her life. Please help her raise the funds needed to win this battle, through her Indiegogo campaign "Cancer Does Not Rule Miranda."
A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT MIRANDA...
- She is the beloved (and occasionally tormenting) big sister to Rebecca and Matthew.
- She sang practically from the moment she was born.
- She’s like super smart.
- She’s a chocoholic.
- She has a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- One of her goals is to teach self-defense to battered women.
- When getting her driver’s license (and still bald) she wondered if she should put “clear” for hair color.
- She’s had voiceover roles in two animated movies, Twinkle Toes and Barbie: Princess Charm School.
- She has a mega metal prosthesis where the doctors removed part of her leg bone.
- She named her IV pole, Lindsay.
- Cancer doesn’t rule her!
Please, share and support if you can.