Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Sounds of the Season: Universal Sacred Music for Chorus by Roger Davidson

Missa Universalis VI: The Names of God

Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism and Zoroastrianism are all represented in this music.


For me, Sacred Music has always been an integral part of the Holiday season. Going to church, sitting cozily amidst my family, a sense of wellbeing washing over me thanks to the deep and resonant sounds of the choir.

Once I began considering myself more "spiritual" than religious, I've not attended church and have little or no access to live choral music. So, I was pleasantly reunited with that rich, warm feeling upon first listen to Missa Universalis (I-VI), offered by Soundbrush Records as "Universal Sacred Music for Chorus" performed by the New York Virtuoso Singers, conducted by Harold Rosenbaum. 

A quote inside the beautifully-designed album reveals a glimpse at the unifying spirituality of the composer/producer of this work, Roger Davidson, who writes:


 "This music is meant to carry a spirit of universality, brotherhood/sisterhood and unconditional love to people of all backgrounds and faiths." 
A recent Google Chat with Roger Davidson reveals the story behind the album; listen, explore and purchase options available at the Soundbrush website, or buy it on Amazon

Recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment, we'll do our best to review and share it with the world!